Trayer employs a variety of skilled individuals in a range of positions in electrical engineering and manufacturing, marketing and support activities. Positions currently available:
Applications Engineer (Manager)
Trayer Engineering is seeking an experienced Applications Engineering professional. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable, resourceful, a self-starter and a hands-on contributor to the business development and customer support organization. Position is located in our San Francisco / San Leandro facility and reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Specific job classification and title will depend on successful candidate’s background and credentials.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field. MS preferred
- Successful track record working in electric power industry: utility and or commercial and industrial
- 5 yrs + experience with electrical power systems: including switch gear, vacuum fault interrupters and related devices including, over current protection relays, RTUs, and Smart Grid / SCADA communication protocols, transmission and distribution systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires some travel < 25%;
- High drive and discipline to work alone as well as in a team.
- Responsible for working with Company management and sales team to promote Trayer products and brand to electric power industry
- Is technical resource for customers; competent in switchgear operation including SCADA and relay functionality
- Assists Trayer sales staff as a technical expert on all things switchgear; works with Trayer engineering team to resolve customer questions and issues.
- Supports Sales Managers by communication with customers on products suitable for their specific applications.
- Supports sales managers to help open new accounts for sales actions: i.e. US Government accounts, major utilities, example: Pacific Corp
- Facilitates, defines, and documents the required modification of existing products to suit customer specific applications.
- Active member of Trayer R&D committee. Defines development projects of new product designs to accommodate customer applications.
- Reviews ‘RFQ submissions’ for technical and performance requirements. When required, provides technical response for quote documents
- Submits reports as needed by manager such as forecasts, call reports, and expenses, and maintains the CRM records in a timely and thorough manner.
Preferred Candidates will be (have):
- Power engineering experience in engineering or as a lineman
- Recognized industry expert: working relationship with senior members of Utility and C&I customer base
- Industry leader and authority: active participant in industry associations and working groups
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
Contact: Trayer Engineering Corporation
Vice President, Sales and Marketing